Image and Text Strategy for the Modern Blogger (ie me)
For this project book I thought it would be a good idea to use a blog format. I specifically chose this because I think blogs represent where the written word is heading in the future, I also firmly believe that blogs have a strong image and text strategy. Sites like tumblr and blogger let you chose a "theme" for your blog, at that moment the author is making a choice of how their images and text will work with each other in an effective way. This seemingly mundane step in creating a blog is very important. I personally chose a very clean and simple theme. I wanted to highlight the text and titles more than what was happening in the background. I wanted the photos of my manuscript to jump out instead of being lost in a busy or bright sea of visual stimulation. I am not saying that through the evolution of my project my mind won't be swayed into changing the background or text colour, maybe even put in a background photo, but I want to set up my text and images in a way that they are clear and easy to understand. I want the reader to easily relate the photos to what I am writing and I feel this is best done by simplifying the blog into a clean, classic and sleek appearance.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment